Environmental Policy Statement
Cabinco Ltd: http://cabinco.co.uk/ create a wide variety of sustainable timber buildings, which meet and exceed UK Building Regulations. Our range includes substantial commercial buildings, school buildings, shelters, visitor centres, holiday chalets and home offices. Cabinco’s timber buildings are constructed with minimal environmental impact, supplied with low Emissive glass, superior insulation and all timbers are sustainably sourced and can be supplied Certified with Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC). Our standard cladding is Siberian Larch a timber which does not require preservative treatment and is naturally long lasting and weather resistant.
Cabinco Ltd. recognises its activities, goods and services have an effect on both the local and global environment, therefore this environmental policy documents how Cabinco Ltd. integrates environmental management into all our purchases, processes, activities and services. Resources are in place to implement this environmental policy including achieving our fundamental commitments to:
• Prevent pollution at source and as a minimum comply with all applicable legislation, regulations and other requirements to which we subscribe and;
• Continually improve our environmental management and performance, through setting and achieving annual environmental objectives.
To achieve these underlying principles Cabinco Ltd. reviews and updates the environmental objectives to take account of developments within the business and changes in applicable legislation, technology and environmental best practices. In particular we will:
• Maintain our subscription to the free Environment Agency legislation update service and review all bulletins.
• Monitor our significant environmental impacts to enable them to be managed effectively including minimising use of on-site machinery powered by fossil fuels, optimising deliveries to reduce transportation etc. All of which reduces the carbon footprint of the build process.
• Evaluate each operation and ensure it is as efficient as possible to minimise energy consumption and production of waste.
• Minimise waste at source, reuse, recycle and as a final resort dispose of waste in line with our legal responsibilities and our commitment reducing site waste. Our EMS855 targets and objectives state measurable targets to achieve this.
• Continue to ensure our buildings can be specified against BREEAM construction standards.
• Provide information to clients about heating system options including accessing the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) to decrease payback periods of installing renewable energy solutions.
• Evaluate the sources and types of timber from which our products are made, consistent with our certification to industry best practice standards including FSC and PEFC Chain of Custody Certification.
This environmental policy is available on request and shall be reviewed in the event of significant changes to applicable environmental legislation or developments to Cabinco Ltd. activities, goods and services.